Established in April 2019, at the intersection of arts, liberation, and healing justice, One Village Healing [OVH] is an emerging New Haven based wellness and resilience initiative dedicated to creating spaces, gatherings, and programming, rooted in the values of the healing justice movement. OVH has emerged to assist in creating healing community for everyone. We believe it is imperative to create brave spaces for all people to heal from the emotional, physical and spiritual impacts of systems of oppression so that we can all live wildly liberated, connected, inspired, and healthy lives. OVH is led by womxn of color who center inclusion, accessibility, mindfulness practices, preventative wellness practices, affinity healing, and joyfulness as core elements of this healing initiative. OVH centers the specific healing needs of those most impacted by systems of oppression. To better understand our core values check out Who We Be.
Founding practitioners, Hanifa Nayo Washington and Thema Haida, offer reiki, intuitive energy work, sound/tonal healing, tarot and oracle card readings, yoga, authentic relating sessions, expressive arts healing sessions, as well as various small group workshops/classes. In addition to these offerings the growing network of OVH core and guest practitioners offer a wide variety of private sessions, workshops, classes, and series that are in alignment with the values of healing justice. OVH offers wellness seekers- practitioners trained in anti-oppression and pro-liberation practices; free and pay what you can access to healing services; affinity healing offerings; and welcoming accessible space for healing and connection.
One Village Healing's Opening Ceremony | April 2, 2019 / Video by Travis Carbonella
FREELY OFFERED VIRTUAL WELLNESS SESSIONS
- Every 2nd Sunday | 1:00 -2:30p ESTZOOMEvery 2nd Sunday | 1:00 -2:30p ESTZOOMJoin OVH co-founders Thema Haida and Hanifa Nayo at the intersection of arts, healing, and justice for thoughtful dialogue, inspiring connection, and healing vibes around all things psychedelic, plant kin, & BIPOC wellness. Donations make this possible! RVSP required for Zoom link.
- Every Sunday | 12:00 - 1:00 PMZOOM
- Every Monday | 6:00 - 7:00p ESTZOOM
- 6 Wk. Series | Tuesdays | 7:00-8:30 pm ESTZOOM6 Wk. Series | Tuesdays | 7:00-8:30 pm ESTZOOMR.I.S.E. is an experiential weekly mindfulness practice that focuses on energetically repairing from the fragmenting impact of systems of oppression. Systems of oppression affect all people. This session is for all racial identities. Freely offered with support from the Copper Beech Institute.
- Every Wednesday | 7:30 - 8:30pZOOM
- Every Thursday | 6:00 - 7:00pZOOMEvery Thursday | 6:00 - 7:00pZOOMExperience seriously chill yoga & meditation EVERY THURSDAY with Shefau Dabre. This class features meditation & mindfulness. Here we learn beginner level yoga poses that are set to R&B and Hip Hop, & Trap music. This is an affinity healing space Black womxn and girls only. Offered freely.
- Every Saturday | 10:00 - 11:30 am ESTZOOMEvery Saturday | 10:00 - 11:30 am ESTZOOMJoin Life Coach,Eric Rey, EVERY SATURDAY, as we come together to support growth and healing. We do this with standing practices of meditation & group discussions as well as special programs like guest speakers, and workshops. This an intentional affinity healing space for Black men. Free to attend.
WE'RE HERE TO SUPPORT, UPLIFT & CELEBRATE YOU!
Check out these amazing online private 1-on-1's and group offerings.
COME GET THIS HEALING - MONTHLY SERIES
Join CTCORE-Organize Now! and One Village Healing for Come Get This Healing! a free, monthly, Black exclusive healing series.
This first event is Sunday, October 18th, from 4:30-6:30pm.
Led by One Village Healing - Upcoming Dates: